My father was a World War II veteran, and I never forgot the lesson he impressed upon me of honoring those who have served our country. Our veterans have put their lives on the line to protect everything we hold dear, and they deserve the absolute best we can provide. As I work to make our government more effective and efficient, I will fight to ensure Hoosier veterans get access to the resources they need and deserve. We owe it to them.
Below are links to services and a brief description of what they provide to veterans.
Veteran Days: Veterans, Military Guard, and Family Event (PERU)
11:00AM — 2PM EST
Grissom Air Force Museum
1000 W Hoosier Blvd., Peru, Indiana 46970 (Off U.S. 31)
This event is an opportunity for Veterans, Active Military, and their families to receive assistance through our office’s many services.
Federal, state, local, and other organizations that assist the veteran and military community will be in attendance.
Questions: Contact Jacob Harkin at Jacob_Harkin@braun.senate.gov
- Resolving issues regarding compensation due following service.
- Provision of military Pensions.
- Assistance with housing.
- Assistance obtaining post-service employment.
- Provision of treatment for service-related injuries.
- Arranging for burial in cemeteries designated for veterans.
- Mental health resources:
- MGIB-AD: If you served at least 2 years on active duty, you may qualify for the Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty
- MGIB-SR: If you’re a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard Reserve, Army National Guard, or Air National Guard, you may be able to get up to 36 months of education and training benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) program.